6 Month Full-Time Graduate Internship in Sheffield
6 MONTH FULL TIME (40 hours) GRADUATE INTERNSHIP IN SHEFFIELD VIDEO PRODUCTION COMPANY (PAID)
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and media-savvy graduate (any subject) with some experience in media/video production and a desire to advance their skillset over the course of a 6 month, full time internship at Sort Of…Films Ltd. The role will involve office-based administration and general support through pre-production, production and post-production phases of our many projects. You will co-ordinate shoots with clients, book and schedule crew, recce locations, maintain our web presence and assist our staff and crew as required. The role will also involve some ‘office management’ tasks such as preparing meeting areas, ordering stationery, answering phone, opening mail etc.
You will also accompany camera operators/directors on some shoots, when required. You will be trained up to efficiently assist with equipment, contributors, locations and other logistical and technical aspects of the shoot.
There is the possibility of an extension of the contract at the end of the 6 month period, depending on the success of the appointment.
The role will be paid at minimum wage. This will then be reviewed after 6 months should the contract be extended.
The position starts as soon as the successful candidate is available but no later than July 2016.
- An undergraduate degree
- A good level of competence with computers, office software, social media
- A well-developed awareness of the media landscape and video production processes
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and under own initiative when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours (evenings or weekends, depending on times and locations of shoots)
- Filmmaking or media production experience (eg. camera operation, editing, production assistance)
- Writing skills (you may be able to assist with scripts, blog posts etc)
- Other skills (eg. photography, graphic design, website maintenance, sound recording)
- Experience of client or customer liaison
- Your own vehicle and clean driving license
References are required and will be checked.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Ed
Please email CV, showreel links if relevant and covering letter to Ed Cartledge
Deadline April 22nd, 2016
Interviews will take place before the end of April.